Exfoliate. I really like typing.
Selfpityking has died. Perhaps it was an overly ambitious attempt for me to try to act self-piteous and lace it all with smart-ass self-derogatory cynicism without actually becoming self-piteous in the process. So here I cast off the Black Robes and don the Red Robes of Neutrality!
And so a new blog begins, and with it comes the ever-persistent question: 'Why blog in the first place? ' ... I've always felt in the past that it's important to have one, and that an open diary is in itself a contradictory and scary thing. However, seeing that I may never be able to present a respectable motivation for writing out the 'innermost thoughts' of my mind, I feel comfortable enough with leaving it at things like catharsis, self-expression, and the fact that all which is written is here is everything i feel comfortable letting others see. It's kinda like socializing in that way, just without the other people, or the dialogue...
The year has passed by in the blink of eye. Three months of emo-ing, followed by three months of hell and more emo-ing, succeeded by three months of really cool bunk/platoon mates, relaxation, and realizing that the emo-ing is really draining. Finally three months of settling into my next 1.25 years is about to end, and I have gained some and lost some.
It's not been a good year in terms of productivity regarding skills(Has it ever been?). My piano repertoire remains largely the same. My singing has never been stellar but I'm becoming more and more lax (Not that it matters too much, I only sing to myself mostly. Myself thinks I'm pretty entertaining. ). I used to be mediocre at basketball, but now I'm just terrible =/ I talk back a lot more than before, but I'd still make a terrible debator. I learnt bicycling... Haven't gotten on to the cooking thing yet. On the brighter side, I think I'm getting better at making small things and saying the things that don't matter, as well as the things that do... I'm much better at talking cock now, and I think it's not so hard to connect with people, at least it's better than before... My taste in clothing got better, this change occurring simultaneously with the increase in my ability to spend money quickly =/
My interests have changed somewhat. I'm not quite into games as much as I'd used to be, although I can still blow my health and eye sight away by obsessing over stuff like Valkyrie Profile. I rediscovered a love for fantasy books, and books in general. I've a newfound like for exercising and sweating in general. I've got an interest in getting a girlfriend too, so if you happen to be reading this blog and am, at the same time, an extremely beautiful on the inside and outside girl about my age with a love of nice books, Scrubs, music, self-analytical narcissistic emo-ing, very amateur basketball, and a love of tall and not so well-built men in velvety black/red robes.. Sms me at D3SP32473.
My attitude with people has changed somewhat. I'm less reserved about meeting new people these days. I think smiling is enough sometimes, and a word can be one word too many. I think it's okay to want to fuck up people who fuck you up, sometimes... When I see them in context of their lives and the circumstances, I might think otherwise. It's sometimes very hard to understand or imagine the kinds of places people come from, or the kind of things they have to deal with... I guess my way of looking at my friends isn't as flowery as it used to be... I get irritated at them more easily now, but I think that's a good development actually, as it does perhaps mean that I see them more clearly and can deal with the dynamic of our friendship more effectively. I guess it's true that in the past, I thought more of some friendships and friends than what was really there... Ah well.
If I look at the year in terms of people, I can say that I am very blessed. God continues to shower me with opportunities to meet some really great people, many of whom I have met in my FDC bunk and in Shift 1. I've been able to stay in contact with my friends from Barker, as well as many of my friends from CJC. I've lost a friend this year, but somehow one friendship that I never thought would return, did. And I think it's better than before in a lot of ways, too =)
My aspirations for the next few months of my life are to learn more about health matters, religion, my job, and to improve on my music and fitness. I plan to divert more time from my games to learn more about sociology and what it requires of a person, as well as to improve my understanding of people. I hope to develop strong friendships with several of the people in my shift, and if the chance arises, to rediscover those that have passed on out of my reach.
Death Note-Alumina
And so a new blog begins, and with it comes the ever-persistent question: 'Why blog in the first place? ' ... I've always felt in the past that it's important to have one, and that an open diary is in itself a contradictory and scary thing. However, seeing that I may never be able to present a respectable motivation for writing out the 'innermost thoughts' of my mind, I feel comfortable enough with leaving it at things like catharsis, self-expression, and the fact that all which is written is here is everything i feel comfortable letting others see. It's kinda like socializing in that way, just without the other people, or the dialogue...
The year has passed by in the blink of eye. Three months of emo-ing, followed by three months of hell and more emo-ing, succeeded by three months of really cool bunk/platoon mates, relaxation, and realizing that the emo-ing is really draining. Finally three months of settling into my next 1.25 years is about to end, and I have gained some and lost some.
It's not been a good year in terms of productivity regarding skills(Has it ever been?). My piano repertoire remains largely the same. My singing has never been stellar but I'm becoming more and more lax (Not that it matters too much, I only sing to myself mostly. Myself thinks I'm pretty entertaining. ). I used to be mediocre at basketball, but now I'm just terrible =/ I talk back a lot more than before, but I'd still make a terrible debator. I learnt bicycling... Haven't gotten on to the cooking thing yet. On the brighter side, I think I'm getting better at making small things and saying the things that don't matter, as well as the things that do... I'm much better at talking cock now, and I think it's not so hard to connect with people, at least it's better than before... My taste in clothing got better, this change occurring simultaneously with the increase in my ability to spend money quickly =/
My interests have changed somewhat. I'm not quite into games as much as I'd used to be, although I can still blow my health and eye sight away by obsessing over stuff like Valkyrie Profile. I rediscovered a love for fantasy books, and books in general. I've a newfound like for exercising and sweating in general. I've got an interest in getting a girlfriend too, so if you happen to be reading this blog and am, at the same time, an extremely beautiful on the inside and outside girl about my age with a love of nice books, Scrubs, music, self-analytical narcissistic emo-ing, very amateur basketball, and a love of tall and not so well-built men in velvety black/red robes.. Sms me at D3SP32473.
My attitude with people has changed somewhat. I'm less reserved about meeting new people these days. I think smiling is enough sometimes, and a word can be one word too many. I think it's okay to want to fuck up people who fuck you up, sometimes... When I see them in context of their lives and the circumstances, I might think otherwise. It's sometimes very hard to understand or imagine the kinds of places people come from, or the kind of things they have to deal with... I guess my way of looking at my friends isn't as flowery as it used to be... I get irritated at them more easily now, but I think that's a good development actually, as it does perhaps mean that I see them more clearly and can deal with the dynamic of our friendship more effectively. I guess it's true that in the past, I thought more of some friendships and friends than what was really there... Ah well.
If I look at the year in terms of people, I can say that I am very blessed. God continues to shower me with opportunities to meet some really great people, many of whom I have met in my FDC bunk and in Shift 1. I've been able to stay in contact with my friends from Barker, as well as many of my friends from CJC. I've lost a friend this year, but somehow one friendship that I never thought would return, did. And I think it's better than before in a lot of ways, too =)
My aspirations for the next few months of my life are to learn more about health matters, religion, my job, and to improve on my music and fitness. I plan to divert more time from my games to learn more about sociology and what it requires of a person, as well as to improve my understanding of people. I hope to develop strong friendships with several of the people in my shift, and if the chance arises, to rediscover those that have passed on out of my reach.
Death Note-Alumina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home