Pure Pwnage
Hand up if any of you watched Bananas in Pyjamas when you were younger!
I've been spending the last 3 hours reading Jodi Picoult's 'Nineteen Minutes', and as usual I'm tempted to stay up till 7 am to finish it. She has so many thoroughly thought out ideas (and I think, understanding)about the human condition. Sometimes she uses witty plays on words, and sometimes she writes simply, but she always manages to communicate the emotions and wry humor that her characters possess. I think she must be an excellent communicator and observer of people in real life... I also felt that she really captured a lot of the feelings that I had when I was that age...
Just went to the Kino Book sale. I bought Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere', and a pair of what will be the last Agatha Christie books I collect. I could not find 'American Gods' though, which was a disappointment; but Kino still has props for the homage it pays to my favorite (though admittedly, the only one i've read) detective novel writer, Agatha Christie, in spite of the age of her series.
--
--
Have you ever walked into a shop that was out of your price range, prepared to inspect their wares calmly and pretend to be unimpressed? That was my plan when I entered Brooks Brothers to get a look at those nice vests they always display. I walked in and smiled at the sales assistant, and picked up a vest to find its price tag. I did this while preparing an outer mask of a composed and nonchalant rich kid... Then I saw the price, and my mask shattered completely.
When this sort of thing happens, the socially correct thing to do would be to walk around the store for a minute or two more, pretending to look at the rest of the clothes whilst trotting about in a regal manner. I was so very distraught that I was unable to complete this simplest of social rituals, and discreetly walked out of the store.
Pwned.
I've been spending the last 3 hours reading Jodi Picoult's 'Nineteen Minutes', and as usual I'm tempted to stay up till 7 am to finish it. She has so many thoroughly thought out ideas (and I think, understanding)about the human condition. Sometimes she uses witty plays on words, and sometimes she writes simply, but she always manages to communicate the emotions and wry humor that her characters possess. I think she must be an excellent communicator and observer of people in real life... I also felt that she really captured a lot of the feelings that I had when I was that age...
Just went to the Kino Book sale. I bought Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere', and a pair of what will be the last Agatha Christie books I collect. I could not find 'American Gods' though, which was a disappointment; but Kino still has props for the homage it pays to my favorite (though admittedly, the only one i've read) detective novel writer, Agatha Christie, in spite of the age of her series.
--
--
Have you ever walked into a shop that was out of your price range, prepared to inspect their wares calmly and pretend to be unimpressed? That was my plan when I entered Brooks Brothers to get a look at those nice vests they always display. I walked in and smiled at the sales assistant, and picked up a vest to find its price tag. I did this while preparing an outer mask of a composed and nonchalant rich kid... Then I saw the price, and my mask shattered completely.
When this sort of thing happens, the socially correct thing to do would be to walk around the store for a minute or two more, pretending to look at the rest of the clothes whilst trotting about in a regal manner. I was so very distraught that I was unable to complete this simplest of social rituals, and discreetly walked out of the store.
Pwned.

2 Comments:
*raises hand* :D
woah seems like u spend a lot of time reading ehs..i havent been able to do tt for ages since i started this crazy uni life :P
Haha yeah... Don't worry someday soon I shall join uni too and feel your pain =) Have you watched enchanted yet? Please say you haven't!
Post a Comment
<< Home