Lolmax
I went to Playmax with Clement to help Daph out. Regrettably, Color run did not have a stunning success, but that gave us some time to just hang around, chat, and try out some ridiculously fun games (American Gladiators and a human-sized version of that soccer table game). Thanks for inviting us sister, it was a lot more fun than I anticipated haha. Free breakfast and lunch smoothed things over plenty, too :)
I feel like I'm learning a lot of things at work that I can't learn at my university, things like learning how to connect with people and how to keep my calm. The only problem there is that some of the plates (such as the crappy Scampi dish) are so heavy that my fingers feel twisted after carrying them. Otherwise, the company is pretty good, and sometimes just plain pretty. I don't think I'll ever regret my time there. Now if only I could get my raise from Shaharin and Donnah... I feel that praying before I head to work has really made a difference, because I've been able to get away without making any major mistakes so far, and I don't think that that would have been possible without God's support.
The time at this restaurant and the people I've met there will only last for this season in my life. I'm pretty sure I won't be forming any firm or lasting ties with anyone there, as much as I'd like to in certain cases. After this, there'll be a month of proper holidays in July, and then it's back into the wilderness... And in a way, it is a wilderness, because the bulk of what we learn there is not intuitive, not immediately or practically applicable, and sometimes far removed from our everyday lives. There are periods where we wonder whether it's worth it to lose sleep over what we're learning. The joy I have in serving customers and interacting with fellow staff comes from knowing that the same smile and friendliness I show to customers can be shown to new people I meet in my life, and that the calm I maintain while running around the restaurant can be applied to future situations as well... I know my heart is stronger now, and I know my skin is thicker as well, haha, because whether or not the sun shines, I'm still walking.
I feel like I'm learning a lot of things at work that I can't learn at my university, things like learning how to connect with people and how to keep my calm. The only problem there is that some of the plates (such as the crappy Scampi dish) are so heavy that my fingers feel twisted after carrying them. Otherwise, the company is pretty good, and sometimes just plain pretty. I don't think I'll ever regret my time there. Now if only I could get my raise from Shaharin and Donnah... I feel that praying before I head to work has really made a difference, because I've been able to get away without making any major mistakes so far, and I don't think that that would have been possible without God's support.
The time at this restaurant and the people I've met there will only last for this season in my life. I'm pretty sure I won't be forming any firm or lasting ties with anyone there, as much as I'd like to in certain cases. After this, there'll be a month of proper holidays in July, and then it's back into the wilderness... And in a way, it is a wilderness, because the bulk of what we learn there is not intuitive, not immediately or practically applicable, and sometimes far removed from our everyday lives. There are periods where we wonder whether it's worth it to lose sleep over what we're learning. The joy I have in serving customers and interacting with fellow staff comes from knowing that the same smile and friendliness I show to customers can be shown to new people I meet in my life, and that the calm I maintain while running around the restaurant can be applied to future situations as well... I know my heart is stronger now, and I know my skin is thicker as well, haha, because whether or not the sun shines, I'm still walking.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home