Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reflections

Toradora quotes (Paraphrased):

"Cut out that the 'I'm the only one who understands her' thinking. It's disgusting!"

"Minorin is the sun, but Takasu is the moon. You'll wear yourself out being with her."

Two words to remember:
1. Winsome
2. Mellifluous

If there's one thing I'll miss about hall life, it's the walks I take in the evenings. I've just come back from an one hour walk from my hall to Middle Spine (Somewhere in between North and South Spine) and back. It is during these walks that I'm able to make sense of everything that has happened in the past day, especially when sitting in my room or praying just doesn't seem to be working. Recently, I've been letting a lot of trivial things get to me, and it's been building
up to the point that I've had the proverbial splitting headache over the weekend...

The more you gain, the more you become afraid of losing it all. I understand it with my head, but anything more than that...

I was going to write a very long paragraph about the talk I had tonight as well as recent events, but somehow it's become 1.45am and I'm running out of options for meeting class requirements tomorrow. To sum it up in a few statements...

First, I can actually give a shit about what people are saying when I'm talking with them for the first time in quite awhile. This reflects the rather drastic improvement in my emotional state.

Second, I did not, till tonight, fully understand how badly things had affected me till I talked with Sharon about it on MSN. I never thought the feeling of sadness would feel so.. concrete. Our Sem 1 friendships have stagnated. For the past few weeks, it's really felt like a part of uni life got replaced by a vacuum. In a lot of ways, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me.

Third, there are few things more precious than mechanical solidarity. Okay that probably went over your head...

Fourth, quite a few of the problems giving me the worst headache I've ever had were completely born from my imagination. Some on the other hand were not; they just weren't what I'd thought them to be exactly.

Finally, my assignment is half done, and my reading isn't even printed yet, but I'm not giving it a second thought (well I am but not very seriously). Stepping out of my boundaries tonight really paid off. Thanks for making me never have to regret it.



Postnote: Interviewing is very fun. I'm dead for tomorrow's tutorial.

Note to self: Do singing exercises when I get back home.

Note note: Hi Germaine! Hi Daphne! Please remember to be polite and demure when commenting, if you should do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home