Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things worth keeping

Wednesday night was a lot more than I expected. All of the Secondary school gang got to meet up and catch up over cheap dinner and expensive LAN. Aaron brought us to his home territory at Zouk, and we all sat down and got to know some new people over a few drinks. His friends are car people, who I am generally biased against, but they turned out to be pretty nice once we started talking.

Oh, and this was one of the rare occasions when we were all wearing collared shirts. Hahaha.

We caught up and talked about old times (Something that I've invariably found that works well with guys but not always girls), and I guess I got to see a side of the birthday boy that I'd always wondered about. It's not as different as I had expected, haha, which is... a good thing, when I think about it. I realized then that up till these past few years, I have not been conscious enough in my dealings with my friends. I haven't struck that balance till now, roughly... about there. And we haven't been meeting up quite as much as I'd prefer, which is probably due to a number of good reasons and a few bad ones such as complacency, haha.

We've gone through secondary school, Oldham Hall, JC/Poly times, and many ruthless DOTA/LF2/L4D/Starcraft/JK2/JK3/CS/UT2K4/CSMOD conflicts together, and we've always had each others' backs or backstabbed each other in one way or another, haha. Here's to many more years of the same and also comparing of sexual exploits! Okay maybe not that last one.

And please keep in mind that you'll be getting some free lunches and LAN sessions for our next few meet-ups.

3 Comments:

Anonymous germ said...

I was there on the 16th! :)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous germ said...

15th night, sorry.

8:34 AM  
Blogger moet said...

Haha seriously you were there too? I was there from err... 11 to 1.30am or so. Did you dance?

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home