Center
Time is ticking away but I still have the inclination to blog =/
Tonight I realized that if you've known someone for a long time, you'll start to be consciously aware that sometimes you're both at different points in your lives. Sometimes it is your friend who has gone ahead and other times, it's you. To me, the magic of friendship reveals itself fully when you both realize that you're both around the exact same point in your lives, experiencing the same trials and tribulations, joys and sorrows.
When we were young, this point of meeting stretched for years through secondary school or junior college, and now that we're older, these points are much more brief and can only be enjoyed for as long as your dinner meeting lasts, that is if you even become aware of them in the first place. To me... more than laughter and joy and the act of sharing, this bond (this tie) is a promise, to wait for the other till he/she catches up, and to make time to be there to experience it to the fullest.
Meeting and talking to people each day, I can't help but feel their expectations (as I perceive them) and impressions of me (as I perceive them) pressing down on me, kneading my personality like play-dough. It's only when I'm walking alone alongside the wilderness of NTU that I can come back to myself, as a Christian and as a person with dreams and secrets. It's only when I'm with the friends from back then that I can come back to who I was, and connect that with who I'm becoming.
We can be surrounded by the best of friends and still feel utterly alone, yet out alone in the wilderness, we can think of our friends and feel abiding comfort. Sometimes, what is more important than having them by our side is believing/knowing (having faith?) that they believe in us. And more important than that, you believing in yourself. And more important than that (If you're a believer), believing that God will set you straight even after you've stopped believing in yourself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God gave us style to keep us out of rank and file.
Making the French Connection.
"SIIMON! Don't believe in you who believes me. Don't believe in me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in yourself!" -Kamina, Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann (paraphrased)
Today I learned how to do my hair properly. Pretty sure of it now. Level up.
Tonight I realized that if you've known someone for a long time, you'll start to be consciously aware that sometimes you're both at different points in your lives. Sometimes it is your friend who has gone ahead and other times, it's you. To me, the magic of friendship reveals itself fully when you both realize that you're both around the exact same point in your lives, experiencing the same trials and tribulations, joys and sorrows.
When we were young, this point of meeting stretched for years through secondary school or junior college, and now that we're older, these points are much more brief and can only be enjoyed for as long as your dinner meeting lasts, that is if you even become aware of them in the first place. To me... more than laughter and joy and the act of sharing, this bond (this tie) is a promise, to wait for the other till he/she catches up, and to make time to be there to experience it to the fullest.
Meeting and talking to people each day, I can't help but feel their expectations (as I perceive them) and impressions of me (as I perceive them) pressing down on me, kneading my personality like play-dough. It's only when I'm walking alone alongside the wilderness of NTU that I can come back to myself, as a Christian and as a person with dreams and secrets. It's only when I'm with the friends from back then that I can come back to who I was, and connect that with who I'm becoming.
We can be surrounded by the best of friends and still feel utterly alone, yet out alone in the wilderness, we can think of our friends and feel abiding comfort. Sometimes, what is more important than having them by our side is believing/knowing (having faith?) that they believe in us. And more important than that, you believing in yourself. And more important than that (If you're a believer), believing that God will set you straight even after you've stopped believing in yourself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God gave us style to keep us out of rank and file.
Making the French Connection.
"SIIMON! Don't believe in you who believes me. Don't believe in me who believes in you. Believe in you who believes in yourself!" -Kamina, Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann (paraphrased)
Today I learned how to do my hair properly. Pretty sure of it now. Level up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home