Saturday, August 08, 2009

xoxo, Blogger Boy,

1) Working with Sister Daphne at the QnM, as well as chatting with Amal and getting free drinks there!
2) Weekly Badminton matches with Kader, Jevon, and Aloysius... We've come a long way since we got butchered by the two Ah Mas...
3) Finishing Scrubs, Arrested Development, Castle.
4) Binge Dota.
5) Southern Comfort.
6) Climbing the roof of Orchard Central.
7) Learning Texas Hold'em Poker!
8) Meeting up and getting benefits from friends, such as free BK meals and Ice cream, heh heh.
9) L4D, a semi-stay over, and outings with the family. We've became a broken family at some point, haha.
10) My maid leaving in a most dramatic fashion.
11) Slow, leisurely meals.
12) Receiving the title of "Guardian".
13) Eating Chef Patrick's Corn Chowder.

Took a level in:
Badminton: Level 2 -> 3
Housekeeping: Level 0 -> 2
Waitering: Level 1 -> infinity...
Sitting through an unbroken, awkward silence: Level 1 -> 4
Flirting: Level 1 -> 1
Texas Hold'Em: Level 0 -> 1

In the span of these past 3 months, I got to strengthen bonds with the people who have been constants in my life. I got to connect with some really wonderful, warm, and amazing new people. I've gotten to reconnect with some really important friends in my life, too.

I got to learn many new skills and experience many new things, but I also learned about my shortcomings and the limits to the amount of pressure I can take in a given situation, especially at work.

I learned that I wasn't absolutely amiable, though I'd imagined myself to be. I learned that you can't get along with everyone, and finally became completely comfortable with that fact. I figured out that sometimes, it's good to not try too hard, relying purely on effort to get by. I saw that that fact was relevant in many things, from badminton to PA crew to friendships.

Now, I feel that sometimes, respect is more important than friendship or people liking you. I feel that we will never really know enough about the people around us-what goes through their minds, where they've been, why they do what they do, how strong they can be, how much they sacrifice for others.

People can ask you to be a bit more this or a bit more that, but you'll never be anybody's perfect person. You never will be, and you'll never need to be. Just expect from yourself that 'The Best is Yet to Be', and grow as you see fit, to meet the challenges that come your way.

Friendships can be seasonal, and life will have its ups and downs, but God gives us both the good and the bad, and all of it helps us to grow to lead the lives that He has planned for us. "Nothing you can do, can make him love you more. Nothing that you've done, can make him close the door."

The holidays were really meaningful, perhaps the best holiday period I've ever had. Even so, I know it could've been much more. I could've driven more, read more, written more, and Dota'ed less... obsessively. Guess it'll go on the to-do list for this semester, right below lindy hop lessons. Haha. I miss seeing you uni peeps around. Looking forward to tomorrow. =)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger kader said...

"it's good to not try too hard"
aha, it appears ben has grown a little more!

6:44 AM  
Blogger moet said...

Yeah I figured out I didn't have to try too hard to whoop your ass on the court.

Oooh how's that? Not bad eh. That wasn't too hard, either.

9:08 AM  
Blogger kader said...

and ur brobrobanther has improved...

whoop me in court... fwah! if i was using table tennis bat... and thats a maybe.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous germ said...

Flirting: Level 1 -> 1 BEN!!!

"THE BEST IS YET TO BE" SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE AC BOY :)

10:47 PM  
Blogger moet said...

Hahaha I didn't get much practice during the holidays, but school's restarted, and there are plenty of impressionable young freshies walking about...

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home