Rhythm Emotion
You could write a whole essay about the important things in life, but the most important things are also often the simplest ones- they only really need one line for their meaning to be understood.
It's a mysterious blessing that we can go to sleep with questions and doubts in our heads, then wake up the next morning and find that everything has straightened out. When we're in confusion, it's like hundreds of lines are written on our hearts- the lies we tell ourselves complicate something that is very simple, adding unnecessary justifications and qualifications to our thoughts.
But if you manage to face who you are and what you really want, then all you'll have etched on your heart are a few simple lines. They'll tell you the most important things you need to know. They'll be all you ever truly need.
Lie down and listen. Think about nothing in particular. That one heartbeat is all you need to hear for you to be sure.
"Your inability is mortifying." Hmmm. I should work on this and make it a really caustic retort. But anyway.
The word 'then' isn't dead, but I sure am having a hard time using it somehow. I'm also not sure about my use of ' - ' (M dash). I sure wish someone could alleviate my confusion on this, or AMELIORATE the situation. But anyway.
I know who I am. I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude... Well okay, I guess I know more now, at least. Ralph Waldo Emerson has a very succinct quote for this: "What you are comes to you." Just like in the movies, climactic experiences bring out what we are deep inside. Unlike the movies, this often involves a lot more screwing up.
I know what I want. I want, I want, I want, and I want. Work work.
================================================
Note to self: Write about 'all the good ones' in the next post.
It's a mysterious blessing that we can go to sleep with questions and doubts in our heads, then wake up the next morning and find that everything has straightened out. When we're in confusion, it's like hundreds of lines are written on our hearts- the lies we tell ourselves complicate something that is very simple, adding unnecessary justifications and qualifications to our thoughts.
But if you manage to face who you are and what you really want, then all you'll have etched on your heart are a few simple lines. They'll tell you the most important things you need to know. They'll be all you ever truly need.
Lie down and listen. Think about nothing in particular. That one heartbeat is all you need to hear for you to be sure.
"Your inability is mortifying." Hmmm. I should work on this and make it a really caustic retort. But anyway.
The word 'then' isn't dead, but I sure am having a hard time using it somehow. I'm also not sure about my use of ' - ' (M dash). I sure wish someone could alleviate my confusion on this, or AMELIORATE the situation. But anyway.
I know who I am. I'm just a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude... Well okay, I guess I know more now, at least. Ralph Waldo Emerson has a very succinct quote for this: "What you are comes to you." Just like in the movies, climactic experiences bring out what we are deep inside. Unlike the movies, this often involves a lot more screwing up.
I know what I want. I want, I want, I want, and I want. Work work.
================================================
Note to self: Write about 'all the good ones' in the next post.
Labels: cryptic commentary, dignified catharsis

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home