Friday, September 24, 2010

Heartbeat

Our ability to heal is an amazing thing. One day, you wake up and find that you're well again, that your injuries and ailments have ceased to be. The food that you eat begins to taste better. Music sounds sweeter. You can hear your heart beating steadily.

Our ability to care for others is also incredible... Caring for beautiful people, for warm and funny and lovable people- that is certainly within the realm of possibility for most of us. But caring for people who have been reduced to nothing, people who are bitter and resentful? Not so easy. Given the choice, I think most of us would say that we would rather just care for beautiful people.

I think that somewhere in the back of my mind, I was planning to write about how I met with despair but came out of it stronger in the end. But I think that would really be a terrifically unjustified statement. I had people to pull me through tough times almost every step of the way, and I had God with me, every step of the way. I know I'm being awfully melodramatic over sprained ligaments and a stiff knee, but in my defense, I'll be really glad once I'm able to walk from Can B to Can A in less than 15 minutes. Haha.

I'm glad I had Kader and Meijun to talk me through some tough times, and for Marie because she bought me knee guards (a surprisingly thoughtful gesture, haha). Thanks for all the well-wishes too, whoever's reading =)

Anyway I'll stop sounding as if I just recovered from cancer now. Lolz.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes all we can do is smile more, and recognize the good in people.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to make it a point from now on to leave one spoonful unfinished whenever I eat ice cream, because what's sweeter than that last bite is the feeling of longing for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger kader said...

great that your knee feels better mate. its unfortunate that these things happen but all we can do is to take care and hope that our youth will heal things in time.

if you feel like leaving one spoonful of icecream, id suggest you give the first spoonful to me so you can get the last one... so you can long for the first bite which some people contend is sweeter than the last one :D

7:52 AM  
Blogger moet said...

Hey man,

Thanks a lot. I have a lot more mobility than before, but dancing is still quite difficult at the moment.

I know we're on this ice-cream metaphor, but I just get this feeling that no matter how I reply you, it's going to involve ice-cream and it's going to have somewhat Oldhem undertones. Lol.

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home