Thursday, July 17, 2008

Discovering the Magical East

I don't know why I've been so stubborn about staying in and hanging out in places on the NEL Line. Well I do, it's really convenient for me to get home... But the many attractions of the East have seduced me completely. On Tuesday I went to Bugis with Brendan and saw stores and clothes that I had never heard of. We also ate at his father's restaurant, which serves some nice fried rice and crispy tofu.

Today I dropped off at Eunos MRT after my driving lesson, and seeing a small shop called 'Niwa Sushi', I walked in and bought myself two unagi sushi and 4 slices of salmon sashimi for $4.50! I haven't felt signs of food poisoning yet, and the best part is that the prices get even lower for students after 2.30pm! Dirt-cheap sushi that doesn't taste like dirt... It's a dream come true...

I've learned a lot of useful things recently, the first of which was how to get a closer shave, a most advantageous ability. There were other things too, but I can't remember the rest of them... Hmm.


I finished reading Neil Gaiman's 'Neverwhere'. I thought it was great writing as usual, but overall just an 'okay' story experience. 'American Gods' is still the best to me. I want to get one of those machines that can scan the words in books and convert them to file format. It's less fun to read a story off a computer screen but at least I would worry less about book rot. Or maybe I should get stuff to stave off book rot in my books. Hmm.

1 Comments:

Blogger faitaccompli said...

Yeah, I love the East too! You should try Astons at Upp East Coast Road/ East Coast Road. They serve really good western food in good portions at very reasonable prices. And of course, the authentic Katong Laksa!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home