Deathscab for Scooter
This scab has opened up three times now. Haha. But at least its healed already...
I'm in hall now trying to work on some long overdue things. I realize that by the end of the second semester, I'm going to have to try to create another space where I can concentrate and work, in place of my hall room. All the desperate studying that has gone on in this room has made it into a place where I automatically start to work better. It's also a place where I can eat simple and tasty food everyday and take walks and do pull-ups in the evenings.
I never would have said this of myself before, but I realized today that now I need to meet new people once in awhile. In the past, I thought all I would ever need was to hang with my close friends, and while it's no less fun than it was then, I find myself stimulated by discovering new things, new ways of crapping, and different ways of thinking through talking with others.
---
I've taken a little bit of time to wonder why this might be... And learning psychology has caused me to think of some answers I don't feel too good about. Haha. A certain black jester would also tell me that there's only one reason why we ever want to meet new people. Lol.
I met a new driving instructor on Thursday. He talks a lot, and it felt like there was barely a moment of silence in the car. Haha. But he did teach me a lot of things that I did not know before that made a lot of sense. Two points made as strong impression on me. The first was making sure not to take another car's directional signals for granted (a car signalling left will not necessarily turn left).
The second point was his general emphasis on knowing the roads and the layout of the circuit. He basically told me that it would leave a bad impression on the tester if I was ignorant about certain tricky roads and circuit numbers.... I think that DOTA is the same way. Knowing the terrain intimately and being able to plan out efficient and economical item builds are two things that distinguish a good player from an average one. It doesn't really translate well into my life though. I like ideas, principles, and generalities, and I guess that I've never really had a keen eye for details. It's something to work on. Haha.
---------
My friend's msn nick says something about tonight's moon being the biggest one in 15 years... I'm not quite sure what he means, but I did notice earlier that it is awfully round and large tonight. Kirei.
On the last night of his semester in England, Tim will get to view a meteor shower. Awesomeness.
I'm in hall now trying to work on some long overdue things. I realize that by the end of the second semester, I'm going to have to try to create another space where I can concentrate and work, in place of my hall room. All the desperate studying that has gone on in this room has made it into a place where I automatically start to work better. It's also a place where I can eat simple and tasty food everyday and take walks and do pull-ups in the evenings.
I never would have said this of myself before, but I realized today that now I need to meet new people once in awhile. In the past, I thought all I would ever need was to hang with my close friends, and while it's no less fun than it was then, I find myself stimulated by discovering new things, new ways of crapping, and different ways of thinking through talking with others.
---
I've taken a little bit of time to wonder why this might be... And learning psychology has caused me to think of some answers I don't feel too good about. Haha. A certain black jester would also tell me that there's only one reason why we ever want to meet new people. Lol.
I met a new driving instructor on Thursday. He talks a lot, and it felt like there was barely a moment of silence in the car. Haha. But he did teach me a lot of things that I did not know before that made a lot of sense. Two points made as strong impression on me. The first was making sure not to take another car's directional signals for granted (a car signalling left will not necessarily turn left).
The second point was his general emphasis on knowing the roads and the layout of the circuit. He basically told me that it would leave a bad impression on the tester if I was ignorant about certain tricky roads and circuit numbers.... I think that DOTA is the same way. Knowing the terrain intimately and being able to plan out efficient and economical item builds are two things that distinguish a good player from an average one. It doesn't really translate well into my life though. I like ideas, principles, and generalities, and I guess that I've never really had a keen eye for details. It's something to work on. Haha.
---------
My friend's msn nick says something about tonight's moon being the biggest one in 15 years... I'm not quite sure what he means, but I did notice earlier that it is awfully round and large tonight. Kirei.
On the last night of his semester in England, Tim will get to view a meteor shower. Awesomeness.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home