Thursday, October 07, 2010

Believing

There are two sides to believing- one where you grit your teeth and plod on through dark places, and another where you look up to a bright blue sky, and feel deep in your heart, that you can fly.

I've come to realize that I know how to press on even when things don't seem so great. But now, more than anything, I want to be able to soar.

-----------------------------------

My friend once told me about a book about a man who went to live in a forest for years, so that he could rediscover the fundamentals of life. I think it's understandable that he wanted solitude, but I think too much of it really makes our thinking get warped. One of the fundamentals of life is that we're born into this world surrounded and cared for by others. God didn't make us to live alone, and he put people into our lives for a reason.

Before, when I thought about people I believed in, I would always think to myself that they could do me no wrong... That was a wrong perspective for me to have. Even the people you trust the most can't care all the time. Eventually, they fail you, and you fail them as well. Nobody can care all the time. Nobody can be nice all the time. ...

----------------------------------

On a side note, I think God made black holes to teach us something about human nature. Negative thoughts have their own gravity; if you let them gather, in the end all you'll have is a super-dense ball that sucks everything else in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home